The LOCAL alternative to your college bookstore - Connecting Buyers with Sellers on campus!
Terms and Conditions
In the following, the terms 'You' or 'Your' refers to the general web user who logs onto this domain and uses the system, and 'Us' or 'We' refers to the Undercutters Development Team. 'Users' refer to You and other people like You, who use the system (the Undercutters website/application) at a similar level.
You agree to the contents of this document.
We reserve the right to update or alter these terms of conditions, although revisions will be stored, and activity which occurred during the time of a version of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS will apply to said version.
GENERAL USAGE OF WEBSITE/APPLICATION
The interface, or any non-book related data, on the site is considered copyrighted to Us, and We reserve all rights therein.
We collect data on users for internal usage, such as IP addresses and email addresses. This data will not be sold to 3rd party entities, or shared in general. The main purpose for some of this data is to protect Us. We also collect a user history, including credit purchasing (and PayPal transaction 'TXN' IDs), book posting history, and account changes (such as email address changes). This information is needed for review if a user contacts us with a problem, or otherwise maintaining the integrity of the system.
You agree to utilize the site under the following conditions:
* To search for, and get in touch with, sellers of books, to complete a legitimate transaction.
* To post legitimate and legally owned books.
* To not pollute the system with books that you do not intend on selling.
* To not harass or otherwise interfere with other users through the system.
* To not post copyrighted or offensive material on the system, such as Pornographic material or excessive foul language
* Copyrighted images or other material
* Do not violate laws in general
We reserve the right to disable or block, either through the system inner workings, or through IP addresses, You from using the system, if you excessively (multiple incidences) violate the above conditions, or abuse the system in general.
You agree that, in general, exempting the following conditions, any credits purchased are non-refundable. Even if You have excess credits that aren't planned to be used, it's Your responsibility to determine how many credits you want, and purchase an appropriate amount. Any non-sanctioned (refunds given by Us allowed from the conditions outlined below) refunds will result in a debt to the system (negative credits), that You must pay back before continuing to post more books (if they've been used), even if a thirdy-party originally bought the credits for You.
Conditions for refunding credits to money:
* The purchased credits in question have not been used (unless they meet the requirements of 'recrediting' later).
* The credits are from a single purchase of 10 credits, or more. This may apply to multiple single purchases.
* The user does not have an excessive history of purchase mistakes or incidents (3 or more, including 'recrediting' interventions described later). This protects us from dealing with repeat pranksters who wish to give Us a hard time, or from You being repeatedly victimized by leaving your account(s) open to others victimizing You.
* We can verify independently with PayPal that the indicated transaction(s), identified through their related TXN Ids, are accurate.
If these conditions are met from when You contact us with a problem, we will honor the refund.
You agree that when you post a book, you are omitting one credit to posting any information you have entered for the book, as-is. Limited information, as provided through the 'Manage Books' interface, can be edited after a book is posted. The book can be removed or disabled, but the credit cannot be refunded into Your available credits, if you change your mind. This book can remain in the system for up to 1 year from the date the book has been posted.
We reserve the right to remove, without refund, any book that is deemed to not be an actual, legitimate book posting, or is too old (in the posting pool/system).
'Recrediting' is the act of removing a post(if one exist) and the refunding of one or more credits to Your account. For instance, if if you accidentally post blank data, or if someone else accesses your account and utilizes, without your permission, your credits. Recrediting is available under the following set of conditions below:
* The credits do not appear to Us to be a legitimate book posting. It must be shown to be a prank, or mistake to the extent where there's too little information for your book to be searchable (ie. No ISBN and no title given, or garbled data).
* The user does not have an excessive history of mistakes or similar interventions (3 or more incidences, including the refund section interventions described above).
* An error has occurred in the system, where posting one book has not resulted in one credit being used.
If these conditions were met, we will honor a recrediting of the lost credits. You agree that you are ultimately responsible for utilizing your credits appropriately.